Rave Review: eRobertParker.com on 2005 Andre Brunel / Les Cailloux CdP “Centenaire” – 94 to 96 Points!

1382452328_andre

WINERY PROFILE | Domaine Andre Brunel / Les Cailloux

“The blockbuster 2005 Chateauneuf du Pape Cuvee Centenaire, which is 80% Grenache (from the aforementioned vineyard planted in 1889 in the sector of Chateauneuf du Pape known as Fauguerol), and the rest 20% Syrah and Mourvedre aged in small barrels, is normally a 600-case cuvee, but in 2005, because of the low yields, it’s around 400 cases. Brunel thinks this is the best cuvee he has made of this particular wine since 1998. It is a wine of great intensity, beautifully sweet creme de cassis notes and cherry liqueur intermixed with licorice, incense, flowers, and a subtle hint of smoke. Full-bodied, opulent, and rich, with huge layers of fruit and remarkable concentration and purity, this is always one of the great Chateauneuf du Papes, and it is certainly that in 2005. Anticipated maturity: 2010-2025.

Andre Brunel has always been one of the most progressive and brilliant proprietors of Chateauneuf du Pape and the good news is that he has purchased 40 hectares (that’s over 100 acres) of high-class Cotes du Rhone vineyards near Chateauneuf du Pape, so we can expect to see larger quantities of serious wines emerge.”

— Robert Parker / eRobertParker.com

94 to 96/100 Points

 

More about admin