Rave Review: eRobertParker.com on 2013 Domaine Jones Cotes Catalanes Grenache Gris Barrique – 90 Points!
“Coming all from schist soils and harvest on August 29 (this was a warm vintage), there’s a single barrel of the 2009 Cotes Catalanes Grenache Gris Barrique to go around. Where the other whites here are distinctly quaffable, this has additional depth and richness to go with notes of toasted almonds, dried stone, white flowers and white fruit. You can see the toastiness from the barrel aging, but the fruit continues to emerge with more time in the glass, and this stays fresh, clean and nicely focused through the finish. Enjoy this classy, food friendly white over the coming 3-4 years, and I suspect it will evolve for even longer.
Katie Jones continues to fashion brilliant wines from her tiny cellar in the village of Tuchan. The focus here is on low yields, hard work in the vineyards, and straightforward winemaking in the cellar. The results speak for themselves. Her wines emphasize fruit, yet have a purity and seamlessness that sets them apart. I think in almost all cases, these represent superb values and readers need to latch onto a few of these.”
— Jeb Dunnuck / eRobertParker.com
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)