Ooey, Gooey, Crispy, Crunchy & Cheesy – Best Mac ‘n Cheese Recipes
If there’s a dish out there more reminiscent of a warm hug on a cold day than a big old bowl of mac ‘n cheese, I sure haven’t eaten it. Finding ways to introduce new, creative and bold flavours is a fabulous way to put a modern spin on classic comfort dishes like mac ‘n cheese. Whether it’s by going beyond the typical cheddar and incorporating other cheeses, or by adding big bold flavours like bacon, roasted vegetables or fresh herbs, elevating a humble favourite into something special only requires a sprinkle of imagination and a dash of creativity.
1. Caramelized Onion & Rosemary Mac ‘n Goat Cheese RECIPE
Wine Match: New Zealand or California Sauvignon Blanc
2. Bacon, Pear & Stilton Mac ‘n Cheese RECIPE
Wine Match: Off-Dry Chenin Blanc from South Africa or the Loire Valley
3. Caprese-Inspired Mac ‘n Cheese w/ Mozzarella, Basil & Tomato RECIPE
Wine Match: Lighter to Mid-Weight Italian Reds like Sangiovese or Barbera
Rich and salty dishes such as these scream out for wines with fabulous acidity and plenty of bright flavours. When looking at white wines, clean, fresh and unoaked whites like Sauvignon Blanc, Chenin Blanc, Gruner Veltliner, or Albarino are perfect matches, offering plenty of bright fruit while cleansing the palate with each sip. If we look to reds, I immediately consider the lighter to mid-weight Sangiovese and Barbera reds of Italy, whose vibrant red summer berry fruit and silky tannins make them equally refreshing choices next to this cheesy, creamy, salty and decadent food pairing.
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)